Tuesday, November 14, 2017

A Handsome Peacock and a Linky


We have a handsome peacock that visits our property everyday. There are a couple of peahens that hang around too. The birds belong to Amanda's school, which is close to our home. Her school also keeps free roaming geese, ducks, turkeys, and rabbits. The children are taught to respect the animals, but it's not always possible to monitor all the children all the time.

Amanda was recently bitten above her ankle during break by a large black duck named Blackie. She didn't see it in time to get away. Her teacher took her straight to the principal and to other teachers to show the bite mark. I think her teacher was fed up with the duck. I've witnessed its aggressive behavior during one of Amanda's sports days. Amanda told me that she thinks it turned mean from being teased. It attacks without being provoked, so I'm glad the teacher made a fuss.

This blog is best viewed in Google Chrome.
Click on the photos to see them at their best!




***************************

Here's a peek at
my latest post
on 1camera1mom:




*********************

My Latest Book Reviews:











*********************

Welcome to "The Real Wordless
Wednesday" Link-Up! Hosted
by Grapefruit Princess Reloaded

I am co-hosting this link-up.






I would love for you to follow me on
and
Follow on Bloglovin


Visit my Blog Hops page to see the hops that I often link up to.

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena