Friday, February 19, 2016

Completed Projects and a Weekend Linky

Welcome to my weekend blog hop -
Make My Saturday Sweet #163!


This yellow and green bell pepper came from a rescued plant from the garden. It was suffering in the heat and Hubby brought it up in a pot to our balcony where it is much happier. The photo below is the same bell pepper.

My blog is best viewed in Google Chrome.
Click on the images to view them larger.


My hubby has been hard at work around the house these last few weeks. Our electric gate stopped working and he did some research on the internet and, through repeated trial and error, managed to fix the mechanism without having to pay someone to come out and fix it.

Then the dishwasher's on/off switch stopped working. He went to the repair shop to order a new on/off switch of the same model and found out how to override the switch in the meantime. When the new switch arrived he managed to connect it again, also with help from the internet.

He's also taken on two projects. The first project was measuring and installing glass doors on open shelves where our wine glasses were collecting dust. The second project was using wood cut-offs that were lying around the garage to build a bookcase for three boxes of Britannica books that were given to us. He did a great job on both, even though he doesn't enjoy DIY projects! But, he does at least take pride in a job well done.




In 2014, for Father's Day,
I posted these collages of Hubby
with his little helper, Amanda.




*********************

My Latest Book Reviews:

Cora and the Nurse Dragon
New release by H.L. Burke!




Lands of Ash
(Elemental Realms Book 1)
by H.L. Burke




*********************

Make My Saturday Sweet is a weekend blog hop for all family friendly blogs. You are welcome to link your favorite post from the past week(s) and to visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment. It's a really easy and fun way to make new friends and to catch up on old acquaintances.

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!

If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!

I would love for you to follow me on

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow Tina (your host) on one or more links listed above.
  • Link up a post from your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your post or side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment.
Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

Weekend Linky

This is a blog hop!



Visit my Blog Hops page to see
what link parties I take part in.

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena