Friday, September 5, 2014

Home Decor 2 and #Weekend #Linky

Welcome to my weekend blog hop -
Make My Saturday Sweet #97!


My Living and Dining
Room Decor - Part 2

I mentioned in Home Decor 1 that our walls are red brick and pale yellow. Today you can see the other side of our Living and Dining Room and the red brick walls. The photos below are of the pictures on this side of the open-plan living space.



We originally had the metal lizard (pictured below) above the indoor BBQ (it's a South African thing to be able to BBQ all year round in winter and in summer), but we changed it one year for the painting of the wine bottles, which really brightened up the space. The lizard joined its friend above the outdoor BBQ on our thatched-roof balcony.


The outdoor BBQ


The painting of the calla lilies is on the brick wall behind the tree. You can't see it in my first photo, but it's not so hidden. If you were to visit, you'd see it clearly enough. We don't have the most expensive art in our home, but I find that hand-made and hand-painted art mixed with "made in China" art that is mass produced and sold cheaply can all have a great impact in any home.

Can you tell which of our art is "made in China" and/or mass produced and which aren't? You will need to visit Home Decor 1 to compare all the art and make an educated guess.

I have an interesting story to share in Part 3, so please join me again next week and link up your family friendly posts while you're at it!


*********************

Check out my Guest Post
on Nanahood to find out
more about me and why I
began blogging.


*********************

A $200 Giveaway to say "Thank You!"

September Blogger Appreciation Giveaway - button


*********************

Check out my latest book review:
Prince of MalornAnnals of Alasia
Middle-Grade Fantasy Series

.


*********************

Make My Saturday Sweet is a weekend blog hop for all family friendly blogs. You are welcome to link your favorite post from the past week(s) and to visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment. It's a really easy and fun way to make new friends and to catch up on old acquaintances.

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!

If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!

I would love for you to follow me on

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow Tina (your host) on one or more links listed above.
  • Link up a post from your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your post or side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment.
Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

This is a blog hop!

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena