Friday, July 25, 2014

Saving Money and #Weekend #Linky

Welcome to my weekend blog hop -
Make My Saturday Sweet #91!


I was approached by Cassie, the community manager for Dollar Shave Club, to write a post about "shaving time and/or shaving money." In case you didn't know, Dollar Shave Club ships top quality razors and grooming supplies to their members for a few bucks a month.

I know that saving money is an important topic for a lot of women, so I thought to share on how I "shave money" by managing my fresh and frozen food purchases well.

When I first got married, I thought to do all the shopping for a week or more and that this would save time. Maybe it saves time by not needing to go regularly to the store, but it doesn't save money or the quality of perishable foods. What would inevitably happen is that food would get forgotten in the fridge and perish. Or maybe it wouldn't perish, but the longer the food is kept in the fridge, the more vitamins are lost.


  • Eat perishable food as fresh as possible by buying less and more often.
  • Don't over-pack the fridge as food can get forgotten and leave space for leftovers.



How I store fresh and frozen food:

Butternut, Avocado and Oranges

Potatoes and Onions

Open condiments, ripe tomatoes, lettuce,
apples, meat, cheese, yogurt, drinks, etc.

Frozen fish, frozen vegetables,
ice cream, ice cubes and bread

Frozen slices of bread
in the toaster

You can store bread and croissants in the freezer if you aren't eating them right away. Do not store these items in the refrigerator as it dries them out. I have a button on my toaster for frozen sliced bread, but any toaster will do fine.

Meals at Home:

Croissant crisped in the oven with Hickory Ham,
Scrambled Egg and Melted Cheese 

Steak with Veggies and Scalloped Potatoes and
Homemade Red Wine Sauce

Hot Dog and left-over Scalloped Potatoes
from the night before

*********************

Make My Saturday Sweet is a weekend blog hop for all family friendly blogs. You are welcome to link your favorite post from the past week(s) and to visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment. It's a really easy and fun way to make new friends and to catch up on old acquaintances.

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!

If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!

I would love for you to follow me on

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow Tina (your host) on one or more links listed above.
  • Link up a post from your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your post or side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment.
Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

This is a blog hop!

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena