Friday, September 6, 2013

Make My Saturday Sweet - Blog Hop #48

Welcome to my weekend blog hop! I'm linking with two other great hops today and I've enjoyed answering their writing prompts for this Friday. My own hop doesn't have a theme, so you are welcome to link your family friendly blog below. Just remember to visit the last two links before yours and leave a comment and make their Saturday sweet.

Friendship Friday's Topic is on Change

I love change. That's because I don't enjoy routine and change allows me to dream new dreams for the future. When I was younger, though, I was more willing to go through huge life-changing experiences.

As my kids grew older, I slowed down with activities and short-term mission outreaches. It was just getting too much for me. I started to feel like I've "been there, done that" and it's time for someone else to go instead. For instances, I went to Zambia twice and Namibia once with two little kids and a breast-feeding baby in tow. Once they were at the school-going age, we settled down.

Hubby, baby Samantha,
Jeremiah and Jessica

A missionary friend with her baby
and me with my baby, Samantha

I slowed down even more when I fell pregnant with Amanda, our fourth child. I don't regret the change of pace. My kids are happy, well-adjusted human beings and that's the main thing. I don't mind if the pace picks up again, but in a different direction. Hahaha! That's just me. Thankfully my hubby likes change too.

The sentence to finish on Finish the Sentence Friday is...

If I had a magic wand, the first thing I'd do is...

...make my belly fat disappear. I don't like exercise too much, so doing it the easy way would make me very happy. "Magic wand, here you go... and, presto!"

After that, I'd have to keep the magic wand a secret, because I wouldn't want to have to deal with all the needy people out there. I'm not God and the job would be too much for me. I'd use it for good, to help others and myself when I needed it, but secretly. And to keep it a secret would be very difficult for me, because I'm a "shout-out" about it kind of person.

*********************

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!


I would love for you to follow me on


Follow on Bloglovin


Leave me a comment with your link and I will follow back!

Here are the easy rules:

  • Follow Tina (your host) @ Amanda's Books and More.
  • Link up your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your most recent post or on your side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit at least the last two blogs before your link and leave a comment.
  • Follow any new blogs that you like.


Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More


This is a blog hop!

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena