Saturday, February 2, 2013

Our Lost Kitten was Found!

Our kitten resting after his long ordeal
I am so happy to announce that our lost kitten was found! Thank you to everyone who prayed and/or wished us well during this very difficult time. She was not being pampered at another home as we had hoped. She was lost in the veld (a large area of grassland near our home). Tabitha is so friendly and trusting that she had followed homeless people into this untamed area. Hubby handed out pictures of her and offered money if they found her. He walked the veld, but had no idea which way she had gone.

The view from my kitchen window
Guinneafowl on the neighbor's roof
The veld below and the airfield
where our kitten was found

Thursday morning, two hikers from our neighborhood were on a morning walk near the airfield and heard meowing. She came right up to them, of course, and they realized that she needed help and took her home where they gave her cat food and water. She ate all the food and drank half the bowl of water. Then they took her to the SPCA and we soon got the phone call that our kitten had been found.

Sheela and Prince playing

She was underweight, full of flees and her collar was missing. The most shocking news of all was that our female kitten was not a female, but a male. When we adopted him from the SPCA, we were told that it was a girl. Now Tabitha has a new collar and a new name, Prince! We've ordered tags for both our kitties too with their names and a contact number. I hope Sheela doesn't give us a surprise and turn out to be a boy too, because then we'll have to change her name and order a new tag!

Sheela and Prince taking a break

Both kittens are getting along well. It took Sheela about a day or two to not be afraid of Prince. Now they play together, which is really cute. Sometimes it gets a little rough, and we try to break them up.


Amanda is so happy to have Prince back home. She loves cuddling with him. Sheela allows us to pet her a little, but she's still a bit wild.

Now we are one big happy family!

Sheela, Prince and Amanda

Now on to the blog hop...

Make My Saturday Sweet - Blog Hop #25


Amanda’s Books and More


It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet (M.M.S.S.) blog hop!
Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!


I would love for you to follow me on Google Friend Connect
and also on

Leave me a comment with your link and I will follow back!

Visit at least the last two blogs before your link and leave a comment.
Follow any new blogs that you like.

Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

This is a blog hop!


12 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you found your kitty. :)

    Diana @ Nanny To Mommy
    http://www.nannytomommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO happy to hear that "Prince" is home where HE belongs! Yay!!

    Kristy @ Shonda Skye Creations
    http://shonaskye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Prince was meant to have a playmate and that's the reason why this whole ordeal happened!

    Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend :)
    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very happy to hear your little Prince is back home and that he wasn't hurt or worse. Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all must have so happy, hurrah! Happy to hear the news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww. So sweet. Well I am glad she came back. Er he... The same thing happened to me with my rescues Mickey and Minnie. I found out Mickey is a girl (she still looks and acts all boy though :) ). It's great that you have the 2 kitties now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so very happy to hear he was found. Please be forewarned because I wasn't.

    I got two kittens at the same time and one was a male and the other a female. I watched for all signs to know when it was time to take her in to be spayed. Spayed or neutered, I can never which is which for which sex.

    Well if a female is living in a house where a male cat lives she has no need to show any signs of going into heat. So, we wound up with a litter of kittens and the parents were brother and sister.

    Luckily all of the kittens were fine at birth and all wen to good homes. But, I had no idea this could happen. I was watching her and waiting so I could separate them but nothing ever happened to lead me to know she was ready.

    The Vet. told me all of this after the fact!

    I am so so happy all is okay now and I hope you guys have a great weekend!
    Hugs to all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wanted Prince to get his health back (gain some weight) before we take him to be neutered. Male cats can have it done sooner than females, if I remember correctly. And, he's older than Sheela, so I think from reading what happened to you guys, we should do it sooner rather than later. At least they aren't related, but we don't want to breed kittens. :) Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  8. So glad your kitties are all right and safely back home.

    ReplyDelete

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena