Friday, December 21, 2012

Make My Saturday Sweet - Blog Hop #20



Paper Candy Cane Activity

I got this paper candy cane activity idea from Julie at Hey Mommy, Chocolate Milk. Her pictures are really sweet and she used red and green pipe cleaners instead. I used what I had on hand, which was red and green paper.

This is a really easy activity for small children. I cut white candy canes out of paper, glued them on a green cardboard, then cut small strips of red and green paper for decorating. All Amanda had to do was to create patterns with her strips of paper on the white candy canes. She wanted someone to play with her, so I decorated one of the candy canes too. She had a lot of fun and played with the left-over strips of paper with her plastic kitchen dishes.

I also printed some fun free Christmas printables from Julie too. Amanda enjoyed them very much.

*********************************************


Christmas Tree Game

I printed this sweet game for free from Allyson at All Our Days. I don't plan to keep it forever, so I used normal paper and only printed the game pieces on cardboard. I didn't have white (which is what Allyson recommended), so I used yellow instead and was very happy with how well it worked.

This was the first time that I played a game with Amanda where you are on the same team. If you win, you win together. If you lose, you lose together. It certainly stops all the whining, fighting, and crying when the one child loses and the other wins. Of course, children need to learn about having the right attitude when they win or lose, but it's certainly nice as a mom to have a break from being the coach, teacher, referee and counselor.

There is a naughty kitty in the game, which is hilarious for me, because we have recently added a kitten to our family. If you spin and land on the kitty, it knocks an ornament off of the tree. You win when all the ornaments are on the tree once you've reached the finish line.

Amanda loves the game and has played it with me, her sisters and her friend, Sarai. It was easy enough that she could explain the rules to the others. I think this game was too easy. You win more often than you lose, but Amanda hasn't figured that out yet. She still gets excited with every win.

Now on to the blog hop...


Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet (M.M.S.S.) blog hop!
Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to link them on my Blog Hops page!


Also, I'm looking for bloggers who would like to be guest co-hosts
on my Wednesday hop and on my Saturday hop.
If you're interested, then please send an email to:
morleychristina[at]gmail[dot]com


I would love for you to follow me on Google Friend Connect
and also on

Tell me how you are following me and I will follow back!

Here are the easy rules:

  • Follow Tina (your host) @ Amanda's Books and More. If you're following me for the first time, leave a comment letting me know which way you're following me and I'll be sure to follow back.
  • Link up your family friendly blog, Facebook page, Twitter, etc. Be sure to indicate which one it is in the name.
  • Grab the button below and add it to your most recent post or on your side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Follow at least three new blogs and tell them you found them through this hop. And, they should follow back.

Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More


This is a blog hop!


© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena